Sunday, November 1, 2009

My New Media Class - So Far

This new media class is teaching me about the media we have surrounding us but never paid much mind to. All the morphology that is occuring around us is constant and always upgrading. We upgrade our lives year by year, we upgrade our phones, our music players, our internet, and even our old media. This is all part of a process called life and it started in 1800's. What started as paparazzi magazines has evolved into tmz and twitter where everyone can get information on celebrities. Books have now turned into electronic devices that get page turned by the touch of a button, music players have gotten so small that we can stick it into our bikinis without it being noticed. The world is changing and in my opinion getting more lazy. I enjoy reading an actual book, I do not want to be informed of a persons status 24/7, and I certainly don't want to be made into a robot in the future that gets controlled. I have recently watched "Surrogates" and it reminds me a lot of what we are becoming, in this movie everyone has a type of "surrogate" robot that they can manipulate with their head whilst they stay in this box type machine at home. This robot can be molded into whatever they desire and work, play, eat, etc for them. It is a virtual world and hopefully we do not become that.






http://baruchnewmedia.com/notes/n_history.htm
http://baruchnewmedia.com/notes/n_oldvnew.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment